TestingPTATechnology in the ClassroomReporting Bullying and Safety ConcernsSchool Improvement CouncilDownloadable Files
October 16, 2019
Sign-up in Career Specialist Office on the 2000 hall starting November 1 until November 18.
The test date is November 21, 2019 in the Lecture Hall.
English 1 TDA is scheduled for December 16, 2019.
English 2 TDA is scheduled for December 17, 2019.
Algebra 1 is scheduled for January 7, 2020.
English 2 is scheduled for January 8, 2020.
Biology 1 is scheduled for January 9, 2020.
US History is scheduled for January 10, 2020.
English 2 Field Test, as well as English 1 are scheduled for January 13, 2020.
January 15 & 16, 2020.
Clicking on one of the logos below will open a new tab to take you to either the National PTA or the South Carolina PTA website.
Please note that internet safety forms must be signed and returned before your child is allowed on any of the devices.
Internet Safety is essential for our children. Here are some tips to help keep your child safe on the internet:
1. Keep your computer in a high traffic area that is available to everyone in the house.
2. Discuss rules for using the internet with your child and why these rules are in place.
3. Go to websites together so that you know what sites your child is visiting (Our school site has some wonderful education sites).
4. Talk with your child about never sharing personal information. Remind your child that they do not always know who is on the site and they should never give out their name, address, birth date, or phone number to anyone.
5.Cyberbullying – If your child is a victim of cyberbullying please do the following:
1. Explain to your child to NEVER respond to text or e-mails that are bullying in nature.
2. Print, copy, or take a screenshot of all evidence of cyberbullying. Please note the day and time that it was received.
3. Block the sender of any e-mails.
4 .Contact your internet service provider to ask them to remove any webpage that is meant to hurt your child.
Click the Common Sense Media logo below for more tips:
One to Global
One-to-Global is a one-to-one technology integration initiative. The purpose of One-to-Global is to use technology equipment, programs, and application to engage students in challenging, critical thinking, and real world activities and learning.
The mission of Sumter School District is to equip students to be responsible, successful, and productive citizens in a global society. The mission of the One-to-Global Technology Initiative is to connect each student to the global opportunity of learning and to use innovation to engage and prepare students for the 21st Century.
The vision of One-to-Global is to transform traditional classroom instruction to an environment of innovative, global reaching, real life, critical thinking, and student centered learning.
The goals of One-to-Global are to:
Increase student engagement
Increase student depth of knowledge and academic achievement
Reduce classroom disruption
Provide innovative classroom instruction
Facilitate on-going technology professional development
Instructional Technology Team
Dr. David Laws, Director of Instructional Technology Melissa A Epps, Instructional Technology Specialist Keasha Grant, Instructional Technology Specialist Jamie Lessard, Instructional Technology Specialist
Linda Collins, Title I Instructional Technology Facilitator